History

1926 The construction of Masaryk´s Homes commenced
1928 The 1st construction stage was completed on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the foundation of the Czech Republic. The buildings served then as old people’s and convalescent homes
1939-1945 In the homes area, a Nazi military infirmary was established
1945-1946 Red Army Military Hospital established
1954 The homes were renamed the Thomayer Hospital, in honour of the 100th anniversary of the birth of an eminent Czech physician and founder of Czech internal medicine, Josef Thomayer
1984 The Hospital was classified among Prague’s University teaching hospitals. Its name is thus Fakultní Thomayerova nemocnice s poliklinikou (Thomayer University Hospital with Polyclinic) - FTNsP
1990 FTNsP became an allowance organization, directly administered by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic